CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 9, 2012

2 weeks old!

Wednesday morning, baby I's umbilical cord fell out after a feeding and she "saw" her first wet snow fall.   Baby girl is growing well and gained almost a pound since last week's first pediatrician appointment.  At her 2 week appointment today, baby girl is healthy, but has a umbilical cord hernia.  Straining and crying do not cause hernias; however, the increased pressure in the abdomen can make a hernia more noticeable.  For some reason, it occurs more often in girls than in boys.  Praying it heals soon and then we can give baby I her first bath!  If the hernia doesn't heal on it's own, she'd need surgery.  :(

I'm feeling much better and can walk more freely around the house.  Delivery was hard! I had 3rd degree tears, hemorrhoids, and elephant legs that felt like a ton of bricks that I couldn't lift...a side effect from the epidural.  On top of everything else, we went to the emergency room to get some antibiotics for a urinary tract infection on Halloween night.  After spending four hours at the new Einstein hospital in the suburbs, we finally left with a prescription for Amoxicillin.  A few days later, my nurser practitioner called with my sensitivity rate from my urine sample and suggested another antibiotic, Macrobid, that would be more effective for the bacteria I have.  She was right, but the Amoxicillin took the edge off when I needed it.  I felt like a mess for a week and a half and am glad to be on the mend...it's all worth it for our baby girl!

I'm thankful for my mom, mother-in-law, family, and friends who have helped us since we came home...the meals, groceries, cleaning, and help with feedings so we can nap have been such a blessing. 


0 comments: