CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

3 & 4 week update

I'm behind with blogging along with writing thank you cards, making phone calls, and looking through my pile of mail that J put aside for me.  If I can summarize the past month with one word...it's 'survival'.  Time heals wounds and I'm glad to be on the mend!  Since I was feeling better physically, I felt like I could tackle nursing and called my friend's lactation consultant.   Linda, the consultant, explained and acted out certain behaviors Isabella made to help me better understand her...the visual was helpful!  Another helpful tip was to get my Medela pump evaluated for proper suction and mold behind the plate just in case some milk went back there since the machine is a hand me down.  I went to the Breastfeeding Resource Center in Abington for a free evaluation and it passed.  Calling a lactation consultant was worth the $, insurance covers $100, and she makes house calls...even better!  Thanks CT for the recommendation.

Baby girl is eating well and is 10 1/2 pounds!  I can't get over how much Isabella is growing and changing each week...her cheeks are chubbier, her hands and feet look so much bigger, she's become more alert, and fussy.   

Some first's:
  • First trip outside was to Costco (We stayed in the car while J shopped)
  • Isabella turned a month old on Thanksgiving Day
  • We brought baby girl to church this past Sunday and she woke up during the last praise song
  • Baby's first snow was yesterday 
  • Went to home group tonight with Isabella


0 comments: